Okay. So, yesterday I was in the mood to cook. So I did. Most of the day. And I made three things I’ve never tried before.
First, I made pumpkin cheesecake muffins, after making several changes to this recipe. They were AMAZING. Seriously.
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 10 Tbs butter (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans (optional, for topping)
- 6 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, sugar, pumpkin, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Pour dry and wet ingredients together and stir well.
- For filling, mix together cream cheese, sugar, and egg. I softened the cream cheese in the microwave for 40 seconds and used a fork to beat the ingredients.
- Drop a spoonful of batter into the bottom of each of 12 cupcake cups (or a greased muffin tin?). Drop a spoonful of filling on top of each, followed by another spoonful of batter.
- Evenly distribute glazed pecans over muffins.
- In our sketchy oven, these baked for about 18 minutes.
For dinner, I was going to make this stuffed chicken recipe from Skinnytaste. I adore Skinnytaste. But then, I realized I only had chicken breast tenders and not full-sized breasts. So, I had to improvise. I chopped the chicken into nugget-like chunks, breaded it all up, and made a casserole of the thing. It was good, but it would have been better with rice in it, and breadcrumbs and extra cheese on top. Also, I used shredded monterey-jack and 2 oz cream cheese, and stirred it together with my steamed broccoli until it was like a paste.
The other thing I made was hasselback sweet potatoes from this recipe. These, too, were fantastic.